What’s the Difference Between Omnichannel and Multichannel?

You may have heard a new term circulating around the marketingverse, “omnichannel,” and wondered how it differs from a more familiar term, “multichannel.” What is the difference between the two and why does it matter?

Multichannel is just that — multiple channels used in the same marketing campaign. Commonly, companies will try to “break through” the marketing clutter by using different delivery channels, such as direct mail, email, and mobile marketing, to reach their target audience.

However, just because marketers are using multiple channels doesn’t mean that those channels are working together. If channels don't contain the same brand elements and aren’t communicating the same message, they are like members of a sports team going in different directions. They are playing the same game, but nobody is playing it together. When that happens, the chances of winning the same are slim.

That’s where omnichannel comes in. It’s multichannel marketing in which the channels are integrated. Whether it’s a postcard or display ad online, an email or an in-store banner, people see the same colors, the same brand images, and the same messaging. This not only reinforces your marketing message, but it builds a common brand experience that builds your brand recognition, too.

Regardless of where your audience finds you, you want them to have the same brand experience. When all of the members of the marketing team are working together, your odds of winning the “game” are much better. Combine your channels as part of an integrated, strategic approach (omnichannel) and your response and conversion rates go up—way up.

When creating an omnichannel campaign, don’t forget to include your in-store displays and promotions. They are part of your channel mix, too.

Want to learn more about omnichannel marketing? Set up a call with one of our business development experts. Let’s make your channels work together!

22 comments (Add your own)

1. wrote:
Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic however , I'd figured I'd ask.

Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa?

My website addresses a lot of the same topics as yours and I believe
we could greatly benefit from each other. If you happen to be interested feel free to shoot me an email.
I look forward to hearing from you! Fantastic blog by
the way!

05/03/2019 @ 1:55 AM

2. wrote:
I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this website.
I am hoping to check out the same high-grade blog posts from you in the future as well.

In fact, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own,
personal site now ;)

05/04/2019 @ 11:07 AM

3. wrote:
Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though
you relied on the video to make your point. You definitely know what
youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?

05/04/2019 @ 5:48 PM

4. wrote:
This is a very good tip especially to those
new to the blogosphere. Simple but very accurate
info… Appreciate your sharing this one. A must read article!

05/05/2019 @ 9:17 PM

5. wrote:
I am really loving the theme/design of your web site.
Do you ever run into any browser compatibility
problems? A few of my blog audience have complained about my
website not operating correctly in Explorer but looks
great in Firefox. Do you have any advice to help fix this issue?

05/08/2019 @ 4:04 PM

6. wrote:
you're truly a excellent webmaster. The website loading pace is incredible.

It sort of feels that you're doing any unique trick. Moreover,
The contents are masterwork. you've performed a magnificent task in this topic!

05/13/2019 @ 2:33 AM

7. wrote:
A person necessarily lend a hand to make severely posts I'd state.

That is the very first time I frequented your website
page and to this point? I amazed with the research you made to create this actual submit amazing.
Fantastic task!

05/13/2019 @ 6:53 AM

8. wrote:
My brother recommended I might like this blog. He was totally right.
This post actually made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this
info! Thanks!

05/13/2019 @ 4:47 PM

9. wrote:
Hello there! I just want to offer you a huge thumbs up for the excellent
info you've got here on this post. I am returning
to your website for more soon.

06/07/2019 @ 2:24 PM

10. wrote:
My brother suggested I might like this blog. He was entirely right.
This put up actually made my day. You can not consider simply how a lot time I
had spent for this info! Thank you!

06/10/2019 @ 12:41 PM

11. wrote:
Have you ever thought about adding a little bit
more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is fundamental and all.
Nevertheless think about if you added some great pictures or videos to give your posts more, "pop"!
Your content is excellent but with images and clips, this site could definitely be one of the very best in its
field. Wonderful blog!

07/19/2019 @ 2:29 AM

12. wrote:
A person essentially lend a hand to make critically posts I might state.
That is the first time I frequented your web page and thus far?
I amazed with the analysis you made to create this particular submit amazing.
Fantastic task!

07/19/2019 @ 2:40 AM

13. wrote:
Wow! Finally I got a blog from where I can truly
obtain helpful facts regarding my study and knowledge.

07/19/2019 @ 9:06 AM

14. wrote:
Hello, Neat post. There's an issue with your site in web
explorer, could test this? IE still is the market chief and a big part
of other folks will miss your great writing because of
this problem. natalielise pof

07/22/2019 @ 1:49 PM

15. wrote:
This is a really good tip especially to those fresh to the blogosphere.
Brief but very accurate info… Many thanks for sharing this one.
A must read article!

07/25/2019 @ 5:20 AM

16. Dolly wrote:
Fascinating article! We offer similar tip and advice for your marketing efforts, so feel free to check us out! http://www.firstlooksagency.com/category/marketing-tips/

07/30/2019 @ 10:18 AM

17. wrote:
Pretty element of content. I simply stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.
Anyway I will be subscribing on your augment or even I achievement you access persistently rapidly.
pof natalielise

08/01/2019 @ 8:50 PM

18. wrote:
This post will assist the internet viewers for building
up new webpage or even a weblog from start to end.

08/13/2019 @ 9:58 AM

19. wrote:
Hi, Neat post. There's a problem together with your site in web explorer, would test this?
IE nonetheless is the market chief and a good portion of other people will
omit your excellent writing due to this problem.

08/14/2019 @ 7:45 AM

20. wrote:
Hi there, I do think your web site may be having browser compatibility issues.
When I look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine however when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping issues.

I merely wanted to give you a quick heads up!
Aside from that, wonderful blog!

08/18/2019 @ 1:30 PM

21. wrote:
Hi there would you mind letting me know which hosting company you're working with?

I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different browsers
and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
Can you suggest a good web hosting provider at a honest price?
Many thanks, I appreciate it!

08/23/2019 @ 6:54 AM

22. wrote:
Your means of describing everything in this post is genuinely fastidious, every one
be capable of easily understand it, Thanks a lot.

08/24/2019 @ 2:09 AM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.